About the role
Employment Type: Full-time permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
English and German is a must
In your role as Infrastructure – Solution Architect, you will play a key role in creating highly scalable infrastructure architecture designs based on customer requirements. In your role, it is essential to always consider both sides - the customer's perspective and that of the technical team. With excellent analytical skills and a knack for tackling problems head on, you will find the right solution for all stakeholders and effectively put it into action.
- Map high level architectural ambiguity driven by customer requirements, product roadmaps etc... to highly scalable architecture designs.
- Will be primarily responsible for architecting and delivering datacenter and hybrid cloud solutions for our customers.
- Consulting with client stakeholders on strategies for deployment of new cloud technology implementations, monitoring and optimization of existing equipment
- Delivering end-to-end infrastructure management solutions for our customers
- Improving infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, coding and scripting best practices
- Automating infrastructure migration to private and public cloud environments
- Implementing governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for the clients
- Support our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation and Cloud journey
- Be the single point of contact for Application Owners (customer) for a group of applications for architecture of application infrastructure.
- Translate customer requirements into infrastructure changes and ensure fulfillment
- Maintain operational and architectural documentation for Application infrastructure
- Organize Application Recovery and Disaster Recovery tests
- Propose and implementation infrastructure optimization and service optimization
- Ensure implementation of security guidelines.
- Work with Operational managers and Operational teams to ensure stable operations.
- Ensure service quality.
- Proven years of experience in Datacenter and cloud technologies (Compute, Virtualization (VMWare), Windows, Linux, Storage (Netapp), Backup (VEEAM), Networking, etc.)
- Experience in architecture and design
- Experience with architecting and administering virtual private clouds based on VMWare
- Experience in architecting database(Oracle, PostGreS, MS-SQL) and middleware (Websphere MQ, Websphere Application server, Apache, Tomcat) platforms
- Experience in Micro-services architecture and Kubernetes will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in managing large and complex hybrid cloud environments
- Experience with Datacenter transformation and migration projects would be of advantage.
- Experience with hyper converged infrastructure & Software defined datacenter solutions would be an added advantage
- Automation experience would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional business initiatives
- Should be familiar with cloud native services
- Good background and experience on datacenter & cloud security
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery & BCMS principles & processes
- Deep understanding of operation and change management and related network processes within ITIL, ideally with certification
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience in Customer Handling and stakeholder management.
- Ability to handle escalations, be a trusted advisor for the customer and work closely with customers in defining solutions
- Ability to drive Service Improvement programs and drive service quality improvements.
- Familiarity billing and charging topics
- Understanding of service level management process, related agreements – SLA/OLA and workflow steps.
- Analytical ability
- Planning and organizing – Optimally organize the workload across the team.
- Willingness to provide oncall support